Nakrywamy.pl is one of the leading Polish e-commerce retailers in the kitchenware industry. The store offers thousands of products from tableware and dishes to fancy kitchen gadgets and accessories. Since founded, the company has seen double-digit growth and received several nominations in the Ceneo.pl ranking for its superior customer service and excellent customer reviews.
Decrease in Cart Abandoment Rate
Decreased shopping cart abandonment rate by 27% during the optimization project spanning 13 months,
First-time Customer Conversion Rate Lift
Improved overall first-time visitor to first-time customer conversion rate by 31%,
Cutting down on customer acquisition costs
Decrease CPA for paid search campaigns by 35%.
Boosting Customer Liftime Value
Increased customer lifetime value by 21% over the 14-month project,
When Nakrywamy.pl approached Conversion Hackers in 2014, they could be best described as a newcomer to the market and an aspiring e-commerce startup. Like with all freshly launched startups, there are as many opportunities ahead as challenges. And it was no different for Nakrywamy.pl. The list of problems the client outlined to us was truly impressive:
- Introducing SEO traffic growth and recovering from a very painful Google penalty for utilizing black-hat SEO tactics
- Setting-up tracking and reporting on the most essential e-commerce growth KPIs
- Boosting customer lifetime value and repeated purchases via marketing automation
- Optimizing the paid media budget and aligning it with ROI and customer lifetime value
- Optimizing the whole customer journey via UX and CRO tweaks
- Boosting conversion rate and customer experience for the mobile audiences
Of course, the list of challenges could go on and on, but here we listed the key areas of cooperation.
Client own words:
Conversionhakers are a group of dedicated proffesionals with impressive marketing and technical knowledge. Thanks to their efforts, our website became more effective, a fact confirmed by analytical data. I recommend Conversionhakers to anyone who really wants to boost the development of their business
Marcin Warzocha, CEO, Nakrywamy.pl
The kickoff projects
At the beginning of our cooperation with Nakrywamy.pl, we focused on the low-hanging fruits – web analytics set-up and recovery from the SEO penalty. We wanted to make sure that Google Analytics was collecting reliable data allowing us to track the most critical touchpoints across the whole customer journey. These efforts were critical for the success of all future projects. The main items from the Google Analytics set-up performed by Conversion Hackers experts included:
- Full-scale web analytics audit – elimination of all bugs and data discrepancies,
- Setting up goal tracking and funnel reporting for all the macro conversions and micro conversions like newsletter sign-ups, and customer up-sell and cross-sell events,
- Setting up enhanced ecommerce tracking across the whole platform,
- Migrating all the analytics tags and tracking pixels into Google Tag Manager data layer,
- Building a reporting layer in Google Data Studio – robust dashboards covering the most important KPIs, a place where a client can review marketing performance 24/7 with a glance.
The overarching goal of this phase was to instill in the client trust and confidence in the data as it was the language we wanted to speak when communicating our further steps. The client was happy that they did not have to log in to the overwhelming Google Analytics interface to check on how we were doing and could easily share this dashboard with others, less analytics-literate, stakeholders.
The more challenging task was the recovery from the Google SEO penalty. This project involved performing the following tasks on our side:
- We performed a full-scale link audit resulting in the identification of a couple of thousand toxic links and a couple of hundred toxic domains linking back to Nakrywamy.pl.
- Where possible, we contacted the owners of the websites and requested that the links were removed.
- Where manual link removal was impossible, we created a separate list of toxic links and uploaded it to Google Search Console “Disavow tool.”
- While waiting for the Google algorithm update to re-evaluate our clean up efforts, we engaged in other white-hat SEO activities.
Not only were we able to help the client recover from the painful Google penalty, but also each passing year of our SEO and content marketing activities brought double-digit SEO traffic growths.
*A snapshot of Google Analytics report illustrating a lift in SEO traffic year over year and the effects of building a sustainable SEO growth engine
The ongoing SEO optimization and content marketing strategy allowed us to achieve an average of 261% growth year over year (2015 vs. 2020).
Using SEO as an acquisition channel takes a very long time, and the ROI can come a few years from the project kick-off. In the meantime an e-commerce retailer like Nakrywmay.pl has to rely on other channels that can deliver more instant ROI and revenue stream. So while working on ensuring a steady flow of customers from SEO, we also focused on boosting and optimizing paid advertising acquisition channels.
At the time the customer had already been using Google Ads in a limited manner. When logging in to the customer account for the first time on we identified numerous issues that needed to be addressed immediately:
- Optimizing and cleaning up an inefficient and unclear campaign and ad group structure,
- Deploying conversion tracking via Google Ads tracking pixel,
- Integrating Google Ads with the Google Analytics account,
- Importing Google Analytics goals into Google Ads,
- Switching from CPC-based campaigns to CPA and ROAS campaigns,
- Setting up and deploying a product feed that allowed Nakrywamy.pl to start advertising via Google Shopping,
- Deploying Dynamic Search Ads,
- Optimizing ad texts and deploying ad copy A/B testing.
When we switched from the simple CPC model to CPA and ROAS, we knew exactly how much each new transaction was costing our client. Since then, we knew which paid campaigns were profitable, and some of them were barely breaking even. There was not much more we could do in terms of optimizing campaign settings and ad copy. We needed to focus on optimizing the conversion and customer journey within the Nakrywamy.pl e-commerce platform.
To help us decide where to focus our optimization efforts, we deployed numerous CRO and UX research methods, including:
- Quantitative research using Google Analytics data and e-commerce CRM data,
- Quantitative data using form analytics to uncover issues within the order form,
- Qualitative data using on-site surveys and e-mail surveys,
- Qualitative data using user testing sessions.
Findings and insights from these different research methods were analyzed and aggregated into a single optimization backlog. Each item in the backlog got prioritized according to the optimization and revenue generation potential. Following the tasks and mini-projects from the optimization backlog, we were able to boost customer experience in the following areas:
- Primary PPC and SEO landing pages – product category pages were optimized towards decreased bounce rate, category to product page click-through rate, and improved experience for mobile users.
- Secondary PPC and SEO landing pages – individual product pages were optimized towards decreased bounce rate, product page to shopping cart click-through rate, and improved experience for mobile users.
- The home page was optimized towards better communication of the Nakrywamy.pl value proposition and mobile experience.
- Shopping cart and order form were optimized to decrease cart abandonment rate and improve the experience for mobile shoppers.
As a result of both on-site optimization and paid campaign optimization tactics, we were able to scale Nakrywamy.pl’s paid campaigns beyond the initial budget. Because the post-optimization CPA was much lower and ROI skyrocketed, we were able to lift the daily campaign budget by 300%, which respectively translated into a bigger number of transactions and a revenue boost.
*Nakrywamy.pl paid traffic growth over time seen by SemRush
Additionally, as a result of the conversion optimization process, we were able to:
- Decrease the shopping cart abandonment rate by 27% during the optimization project spanning 13 months,
- Improve overall first-time visitor into buyer conversion rate by 31%,
- Decrease CPA for paid search campaigns by 35%.
Boosting customer lifetime value
Once Nakrywamy.pl was past the initial traction and rapid growth period, we knew that there was a limit to selling to new customers. The market was limited, and to sustain the further pace, we needed to focus more on retention-oriented growth metrics. Together with the client, we decided we would run yet another optimization project where our primary focus would be boosting:
- Customer lifetime value
- Frequency of repeat purchases
- Number of repeat purchases
- Average order value
To meet the new growth goals, we needed to introduce new tools to our marketing technology stack. Within a few weeks, we researched and deployed a new marketing automation infrastructure that would handle our retention campaigns.
Following a successful technical deployment, we started designing and implementing the following campaigns for building customer journeys:
- Engagement campaign turning first-time visitors into known visitors by signing them up to the Nakrywamy.pl newsletter,
- Accelerator campaign turning known visitors into first-time buyers,
- CLV-boosting campaign turning 1st-time buyers into repeat buyers,
- Win back campaign to minimize cart abandonment and win back interrupted shopping sessions,
- Re-engagement campaign for customers who went silent for a long time.
Implementing all of these campaigns required a lot of technical skills on our end as it needed 3-side integration between Marketing Automation software, e-commerce CRM, and web analytics tools. Capturing all that siloed data in one place allowed us not only to map the whole customer journey but also to build a single customer view for individual customers.
In the end, we were able to achieve the following results for our clients:
- Increased customer lifetime value by 21% over the 14-month project period.
- Increased frequency of purchases (decreasing time between transactions per customer).
*The E-commerce KPI Dashboard we deployed for Nakrywamy.pl
Our cooperation with Nakrywamy.pl was marked by successes in many different areas of growth. As a full-stack marketing agency, we were building growth across customer acquisitions, conversion, and customer retention. The results we were able to deliver in each of these areas included:
Acquisition growth KPIs:
- Ongoing SEO optimization and content marketing program leading to an average 261% growth on a yearly basis (2015 vs 2020),
- Decreased CPA for paid search campaigns by 35%.
Conversion growth KPIs:
- Decreased shopping cart abandonment rate by 27% during optimization project spanning 13 months,
- Improved overall first-time visitor to first-time customer conversion rate by 31%,
- decrease CPA for paid search campaigns by 35%.
Retention growth KPIs:
- Increased customer lifetime value by 21% over the 14-month project,
- Increased the frequency of purchases (decreasing time between transactions per customers).
Cart Abandoment Rate Decrease